Live Event Sales & Service Account Manager
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with a solid history of building client portfolios utilizing outside sales techniques. Preferably selling full-service experiencess—whether in live events, sponsorships, conferences and conventions, décor, destination management, or hotel and hospitality businesses. This is a DC-based position and only candidates with proven results in lead generation, portfolio growth, and over $300,000.00 sales per year will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to their business
- Research and build relationships with potential new clients
- Build sales portfolio through individual outreach, networking, marketing leads, cold calls, and more
- Assess client growth potential for association and corporate clients to help us grow our Live portfolio in all lines of services
- Achieve sales goals to increase revenue
- Work closely with our Producers to respond to RFPs and proposals
- Draft and negotiate client contracts
- Represent the LAI Live producers at industry conferences, as needed
- Most importantly, remain focused on sales goals and enjoy the selling process!
Only candidates with the following qualifications should apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- At least five (5) years of work experience, preferably in a fast-paced production, entertainment, event, hospitality, or hotel sales environment
- Successful history with outside sales resulting in $300K+ per year
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Capable of handling pressure and work on tight timelines
- Exceptional customer service skills are a must
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Leading Authorities’ compensation includes a base salary plus commission, incentive compensation, 401(K) plan and profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, as well as life and disability insurance.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference Live Event Sales & Service Account Manager in the subject line of your email.
Our offices are conveniently located downtown in Washington, DC, close to the Farragut North and West Metro Stations. Visit www.LAILiveEvents.com to learn more about our Live business and for additional company information.
Back to Job Listings
Live Show Producer
Reports to: Vice President of Production
We are looking for a self-motivated, seasoned producer with experience in a live event production environment—theatre, television, conferences—and a solid background in event design and technical expertise.
Our top candidate will excel at producing live events and stage productions, be able to develop strong relationships with clients, act as a consultant who shares insights and best practices, respond to RFPs with ease, and remain cool under pressure. This is a DC-based position.
A successful candidate will:
- Develop and manage client relationships and contracts to ensure delivery of exceptional service
- Manage the production planning process and necessary assets (production timelines, show flow and scripts, room diagrams, and other support documentation) for live events
- Develop and add expertise to each client production by creating unique ways to deliver a message or program segment, editing scripts, maintaining cue sheets, and ideating new audience engagement techniques
- Contribute to the creative process by developing scenic ideas, unique ways to display & design graphics and visual content, theme concepts, storytelling, and more
- Manage the onsite execution process for internal and external events to include leading a large production team, show-calling, talent rehearsals, labor management, venue logistics, concurrent session management and vendor relations
- Manage the follow-up process and continued client communications for the contracted event
- Have a strong understanding of event audio visual equipment, lighting, rigging, scenic and union labor requirements
- Capture event success stories for Marketing purposes
- Be proficient in MS word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop, internet file sharing and possibly have the ability to work in CAD, Meeting Matrix, Google Sketch to produce drawings and room diagrams
- Photography, Scriptwriting, scenic render experience a plus
This candidate should also have…
- At least four (4) years of relevant work experience, in a fast-paced production, entertainment, and/or event environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects successfully while adhering to stressful situations and tight deadlines
- Be able to work as an individual and in a collaborative team environment
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time, which includes long hours and an irregular schedule
- Enthusiasm for the business and want to work with a team of individuals who love what they do (ability to love nachos is a plus)
LAI Live’s compensation includes a base salary plus commission, incentive compensation, 401(K) plan and profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, as well as life and disability insurance.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and any other related application materials to email@example.com and reference Live Show Producer in the subject line of your email.
Our offices are conveniently located downtown in Washington, DC, close to the Farragut North and West Metro Stations.
Back to Job Listings
LAI Live Events Internship
Reports to: Production Manager
Looking for a one-of-a kind learning experience in Live Events? LAI Live is a division of Leading Authorities, Inc specializing in live event production & experiences for our clients. This unpaid position offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to learn the ins and outs of live event production including program development, graphic design, set and lighting design, audio visual components, vendor sourcing, venue logistics, client interfacing skills, entertainment rider management, and more.
- Work closely with Producers, Sales Associates, and Vice President on assigned projects
- Assist with creative development for general session programming ideas, awards ceremonies, and interactive attendee experiences
- Assist with organization, planning, and execution of all live events logistics
- Assist with research for new vendors, venues, and opportunities
- Assist with creation of various PowerPoint and Keynote graphic presentations
- Assist with social media assets and marketing messaging for LAI Live
- Assist with design and messaging for LAI Live proposals
- Provide general support, as needed
Knowledge of / or experience with the following a plus:
- Stage management, graphic design, live television production, production/project management
- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and/or Apple Keynote
- Adobe PhotoShop, AfterEffects, Google Sketch, or other design program
- Social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Must possess a professional, positive attitude and be able to work individually or as a contributing member of a team
- Just-graduated or current student learning in related program such as theatre, event management, live event production or design
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on details and excellent organizational skills a plus
Benefits include working in a creative environment while learning applicable skills, managing your own projects, and opportunity for advancement for the right candidate. When possible, LAI Live will provide on-site experiences and offer a stipend for your time working during the event.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference LAI Live Internship in the subject line of your email.
Our offices are conveniently located downtown, in Washington, DC, close to the Dupont Circle, Farragut North and West Metro Stations. Visit www.LAILiveEvents.com to learn more about our Live business and for additional company information.