What Does An Event Producer Do?
In our last blog post, we tackled the major differences between event production and AV management. But you might still be wondering what to expect from the event producer you’re teaming up with. From conception to execution, allow us to break it down for you.
Are You Ready For An Event Producer?
How do I know if I’m ready for an event producer? Answer the following "Yes" or "No" questions to find out:
- Are you looking to debut an event featuring a stage production of some sort?
- Does the production and technical piece of your current event tend to stumble and you’re ready to smooth out any issues?
- Has your event successfully grown (or continues to grow) and you need a team of people to help take on some of the work in pre-production and on-site?
- Are you ready to take your event to the next level with new production elements, programming ideas, audience engagement, and more?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the questions above, then you’re ready for an LAI Live event producer!
It’s my first time working with an event producer. What should I expect from our initial meeting?
Our kick-off meeting will set the pre-production wheels into motion. It will be part learning session to hear about your goals for the upcoming event and listen to feedback from past events, part brainstorming session for ways to enhance the programming and overall event, and part production logistics to dive into the event space, graphics, AV timelines, and deliverables.
How often should I expect to hear from an event producer throughout the planning process?
Through regularly scheduled meetings, production updates, scenic and graphic design drafts, run-of-show and timing reviews, budget reviews, and site visits, LAI Live will be with you every step of the way during planning.
How will an event producer make my job easier?
LAI Live will be your one point of contact for all things related to the production of your event, both in planning and on-site. We will develop the timelines and production schedules, maintain the run of the show for your key programming, lead rehearsals, and handle your VIPs. We will also design and manage the graphic assets, handle the scenic and audio-visual logistics, including deliveries, work with the venue on rigging and power, coordinate with other service providers, and most importantly, we’ll deliver an exceptionally well-produced program.
How does working with an event producer increase the ROI of my event?
Your attendees will experience a higher level of energy and engagement, your executives and speakers will notice a new level of professionalism from the production team, and you will feel a large amount of work in planning and on-site taken off your plate. This means you can focus on other areas of the event that require your attention, such as sponsors, executives, attendees, and miscellaneous logistics.
Still not convinced? Read through some of the great feedback we’ve received recently:
- From Clients: “I didn’t know how much I needed a producer, but now that I’ve worked with you, I can’t believe I went this long without LAI Live.”
- From Sponsors: “I can tell you’re a new production company, this is so much better than the last few years.”
- From Executives and Speakers: “Wow, we’ve never had anyone give us guidance and direction before. I’ve never felt this prepared before going on stage.”
- From Attendees who stop us in the hall: “You were great! This is the best this show has ever been.”
Still have questions about working with the LAI Live team? Ready to take the next step and submit an RFP? Contact our team today.
You can also call 202-783-0300, email us, or live chat with a member of our team right now.