The Spotlight: Winding Down Summer
Summer is flying by, but as we continue to take refuge from the heat here in DC, we've got a new edition of The Spotlight for you. This month, we're looking at: a meeting planner's biggest obstacles, how we recently helped a client celebrate a major milestone using graphics, and how to ace your venue search. Plus, we're offering a little showcase of the essentials for on-site work.
Tired of the same rotation of event locations? Check out this list of 10 cities that are renovating or building new events space in the next few years!
BREAK THE ICE
Walking into a room full of hundreds of people can be, well, intimidating. It's our natural inclination to retreat from uncomfortable situations where we feel out of place or self-conscious, but it is in these situations that we have the most potential to grow. From Finding Clues to utilizing Memes, check out our latest list of ways to ease the anxiety of your introverted guests and get them excited about your mission!
AWHONN: BEHIND THE LOOK
After half a century of making a difference in the life of women and newborns, The Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) wanted to communicate elegance, celebration, and creativity with graphics design for their 50th Anniversary Annual Convention. So how did LAI Live create a look best suited for such an occasion? READ MORE
A PRODUCER'S ONSITE ESSENTIALS
- Photo Ops? Furniture? Out of Band-Aids?: Marking up stages with neon gaffers tape really makes us feel alive! Doubles as hip jewelry or a cup stabilizer.
- Top Essentials: Snacks. Need we say more?
- 20 Minute Warning, People!: Keeping rehearsals on track is essential for a successful show. So is knowing your time zone. That's imperative to determining when second breakfast will be.
- Anyone Have A Band Aid?: Do we ever! Conveniently, the LAI team is certified with Red Cross. Blistered heel? We've got your covered. Like, covered with a band-aid. Get it?
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: The reusable water bottle--you never know where your next water source might be. Just choose your intake timing wisely; breaks can be hard to find!
- Not Just For Comfort: A pillow is the first line of defense for blocking out overnight construction noise, street parties, or other things preventing you from a good sleep.
- Looking Fabulous: It doesn't matter what type of coat you have. Just get it ready. Ballrooms are science.
- Mappy Hour: Never forget a map of the city you're visiting. Without it, you may miss out on $2 Tamale Tuesday.
5 QUESTIONS FOR A VENUE SEARCH
As part of our production process we participate in numerous site visits for our clients' events. Despite knowing the ins and outs of most venues, they still manage to throw us some curve balls! Read more to help minimize the surprises on your next site visit or location search! READ MORE
NAF: BEHIND THE SCENES
This summer, LAI Live once again teamed up with NAF to produce NAF Next 2019. Starting over nine months ago with an Event Design Workshop, we hit the ground running with theme development, graphic design, and developing ways to change up the General Session programming. To bring it all together, it required a stage and scenic set up that would work not only to compliment the programming, but would also work well in the unique venue space. READ MORE